I admit that I hadn’t made extensive use of the Netflix plug-in for Plex until the recent birth of my son. While I was never a huge fan of the idea of plopping the kids in front of the TV, letting the box act as an ersatz babysitter to the young-uns, actual parenthood gives you a different perspective on things. My son Talon seems to like watching our large-screen plasma, and since it gives me a few extra minutes during the day to handle chores and whatnot, I’ve found myself using Plex ad Netflix much more often than I used too.
Unfortunately, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Plex as a media player. It works… most of the time… but there a far more bugs than I’d prefer. The Netflix plug-in is a case in point; while it works, most of the time, it also has an annoying tendency to crap-out now and again. Today, for what seems like the hundredth time, I ran into yet another problem with the Netflix plug-in, this time the dreaded ‘N8106-152’ error.
Fortunately for me, the problem turned-out to relatively minor and was easy to fix — I simply logged-out of Netflix in Safari, then tried the Netflix plug-in via Plex, and that resolved the issue. The quick Google search that helped me identify the problem also revealed a couple of other possible solutions for the issue, which I thought I’d post here for people with similar problems:
Delete the Plex cache folders:
Note that these folders are in your home account; in OS X, you may want to access the Caches folder via Finder by typing:
In the ‘Go’ –> ‘Go To Folder’ drop-down from the Finder’s top menu.
Login to your Netflix account via a browser and choose ‘Disconnect Devices’ from the Netflix account settings. Note that this option will require you to reconnect your Netflix-enabled devices first, so you may want to try the solutions above before trying this solution.